Did you know that if you choose the integral exercises, you could exercise the whole body with the help of the weights? Just know how to run each series to get all the benefits. Maybe you think they are only used to build muscles in the arms and shoulders. However, there are integral exercises with weights, which can be used to work the whole body.
Tips for Doing Integral Exercises
Compound or integral exercises are those that allow working more than one muscle group and several joints. The routines are designed so that we focus on one part of the body but also for other areas to exercise.
“The fact of making compound movements in the gym can give better results, and the effort is usually less, since they also burn fat and improve breathing”.
A contuniación, some tips to take advantage of the integral exercises with weights:
- Repeat the routine 3 times a week.
- Do a warm-up of 10 minutes. It can be bicycle, tape or stretching. This allows the body to be prepared for exercise. Thus, you will not lift weights “cold” and reduce the risk of injury.
- Start little by little. Those who do not have too much experience in the gym should start with little weight. As they go, they can add more.
- Pay attention to repetitions and breaks. Most of the exercises are repeated 8 to 10 times and the rest between each series is approximately 1 minute.
- Respect the technique. It is essential that a coach or monitor explain how to carry out the exercise. This allows, on the one hand, better results and, on the other, fewer injuries.
- Beyond the intermediate days of rest, it is necessary to sleep well so that the muscles repair the “broken” fibers during the exercise. Rest is part of the good practice of physical exercise. If you do not rest properly, the results will not be as expected and your muscles will suffer.
It is advisable to sleep 8 hours in a row every night.
Routine of Integral Exercises with Weights
Now is the time to detail a complete routine of integral exercises with weights so that you can work your entire body in the same session.
1. Dead Weight
- First, you must stand with your legs together and leave the bar with weights in front of you.
- Next, bend the trunk forward, always with the back straight, slightly flexing the knees and take the bar with both hands (palms up).
- Straighten the body slowly until the bar is at the level of the thighs.
- Keep in mind that the correct posture does not need to bend the knees too much. In addition, these should always be aligned with the feet.
They can be done with barbells or dumbbells. Works not only the legs and buttocks , but also the abdominal and arms.
- First, standing with the weight distributed between the hands, take a step forward with the right leg flexing at 90 degrees.
- The left leg also flexes and the back foot rests on the tip.
- Then, return to the starting position and do the same with the opposite leg.
- One note: keep your back straight during each stride, tightening your abs for better execution and protection.
Although it is believed that only glutes and legs work, squats are one of the most convenient weight-bearing exercises, because they affect the abdominals and arms.
- Stand with your legs apart and place the bar behind your shoulders (the palms are facing forward).
- Next, bend the knees little by little and lower the torso without moving the bar.
- Remember that you must bend your knees correctly to avoid problems. To do this, flex them keeping them aligned with the feet.
- Then, when the buttocks reach the level of the knees, raise your arms for a few seconds. Lower them and raise the body slowly.
- Finally, do not forget to keep your back straight at all times.
4. Goblet Squat or Deep Squat
It is a very frequent exercise in crossfit routines and uses the kettlebell or kettlebell . If we do not have one, we can use a dumbbell.
- First, with your legs slightly apart, place the weight in front of you.
- Next, make a quick squat, bending your knees, and take the weight with both hands.
- Then, get up with speed and fold your arms in front of your chest. The idea is that the dumbbell or dumbbell is at shoulder height. Keep her in that place and perform 10 squats.
- We recommend you read: The best squat exercises
5. Renegade Row
Another of the integral exercises with weights that is practiced a lot in Crossfit. Two Russian weights are needed (or, failing that, dumbbells).
- First, place the weights on the floor about one shoulder width apart.
- Then, place your knees on the floor and rest your hands one on each weight.
- Next, stretch the legs and, without arching the back, flex the right elbow lifting the weight.
- Finally, return it to its place and do the same with the left arm.
Thanks to this exercise you will work the abdominals, the lumbar, the shoulders and the back.
6. Pull Over
This combined exercise allows you to work your abs, arms and shoulders.
- First, you should stand on your back on a bench and use a dumbbell or disc, which you will put at chest height.
- Next, bring your arms back holding the weight and stretch them as much as you can. Then, lift them up in front of the head so that they are perpendicular to the ground.
- Remember not to arch your back or bend your elbows when you lower your arms.
7. Clean and Push
Finally, an exercise that requires some coordination but allows working several areas of the body. You need a kettlebell or a dumbbell.
- First, place it in front of you and open your legs a little.
- Take it with the right hand doing a slight squat and, when raising the body, stretch the arm (it should be stuck to the ear).
- When you lower the arm, bend the elbow and then stretch it to leave the weight on the floor.
- Then, repeat with the other arm.